Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Traditional Write-Away Winner

Thank you to the 27 entrants of this month's contest and my biggest thanks to Lara at The Lazy Organizer, our guest judge, who read all of the entries on the theme of traditions and has picked a winner. It must have been tough judging because there were some wonderful submissions. Please pay Lara a visit and let her know how great she is for doing this--she has a wonderful Smart Habits Saturday series that is worth your time.

. . . And the winner is:

My Ice Cream Diary with Write-Away Entry

If you like ice cream and Cary Grant movies (as I do) you'll get along great with this month's winner who blogs at My Ice Cream Diary. Mother, writer, internet advice-columnist, frozen dairy lover, you'll have to be sure and read her winning entry which reminds me--oddly enough--of my own extended family gatherings.

***

Here is a list of entries in the order they were received:

Chris at It's All about Me with A Gift of Traditions

Christina at Thoughts-N-Wonders with My Dutch Heritage

Heffalump from I Blog about Nothing with Memorial Traditions/Food Traditions

Daisy from Compost Happens with Holidays and the Blind Child

Janean at JD's Daze with Tradition

M from Toneybabies with My Birthday Borns

My Ice Cream Diary with Write-Away Entry

Rebecca at Prologos with Lord Stanley's Cup

Elizabeth at RandomThoughts with Creating a Blogging Community: Traditions

Lynnae at From under the Clutter with Special Day with Mom

Dorit Sasson DS Writer's WorkTable with The All Time Shopping Spree

Amber from Random Ramblings of a Drifting Mind with Tradition

Chilihead from Don't Try This at Home with Full Circle

Meredith from Poppy Fields with A Tradition for Thursday

Susan from Patchwork Reflections with Tumblin Falls

Lori from Fairytales and Margaritas with Summer Traditions

Corrie at Tyler's Triumph with Traditions: It's the Stuff Memories Are Made Of

Suzanne at Adventures in Daily Living with Singing Table Graces

Michelle A. at A Happy Heart with A Candy Bar Saves the Day

Jaycee at Semantically Driven with Friday Night Tradition

Nicole at Subarctic Mama with Happy Father's Day: Chicago White Sox

Lucy Van Pelt at The Doctor Is In with Father's Day and Traditions

Tea Party Girl with Starting a Daily Tea Tradition--Tuesday's Simple Tea Tip

Ingrid at Boricua in Texas with Tradiciones

Kim at The Bitter Ball with Where Have the Traditions Gone?

Patois at Whee! All the Way Home with Better Than Cursing the Darkness

Makita at Starfish and Coffee with Taters to Parched Corn: Homegrown Food Sure Was Good

***

And congratulations to Lucy at An Ordinary Mom (I swear I'm not making this up, the random integer generator pulled her number) for winning the Give Simple tote bag and to James in an unspecified location for winning the Rolling Stones DVD Biggest Bang set. Check back on Saturday for another giveaway--this one's my favorite so far . . .

***

If you're interested in some further reading there are some carnivals up this week for perusing:

The Carnival of Observations
The Carnival of Recipes
The Carnival of Family Life
The Carnival of Homeschooling

and at Crayola's website they're putting together a coffee table book where you can submit your child's artwork for inclusion. Just a little something to check out if you're interested.

Technorati tags:

8 comments:

jewellspring said...

Thanks so much for your work. I'm glad to have found you! What a great group of entries.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for all your work on this! It's great.

When you get a minute, can you make a wee correction? I'm not "Suzanne at A Musing Blog with Singing Table Graces" but instead I'm "Suzanne at Adventures in Daily Living with Singing Table Graces". The links are good, just the words. Thanks!

la bellina mammina said...

Gotta check out the links...thanks for sharing.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Congrats to My Ice Cream Diary. At least this way I get to see the Pooping Moose in action since we know each other in real life :) !!

And thanks again for my spiffy bag!

People, if you want to feel lucky move to the Pacific Northwest!

Scribbit said...

Thanks Suzanne, I'm so sorry for the mistake. If I've messed anyone else's entry up please let me know. . .

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading the entries. What a lovely melting pot of everyone's traditions.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to entry the next month's write-away contest. This is going to be fun...

The Tour Marm said...

Hi!

Glad to hear from you again!

How is your church situation progressing?

Here's a suggestion for a topic:

Elderly Wisdom

Stories told to us in our youth by much older relatives.

It could be family history, personal, folktales, or even jokes.

Unfortunately, I have no idea about judges.